Sunday, March 7, 2010

Posto Pubblico


I don't think I've ever felt compelled to say this about a Hong Kong pizza before so allow me to say it now:
HOLY CAMOLY THAT WAS SOME GOOD EFFING PIZZA SAUCE.
I guess most Hong Kong pizza sauce is not THAT bad, it just tastes like tomato paste, is never present in sufficient quantity, is too salty, is all too often baked in to the crust and generally only detracts from rather than adds to almost every pizza I have ever had here.

But just look at this sauce glistening in the candlelight! Basking on top of the pizza in all of its tomatoey glory!!!

Posto Pubblico has one or two flavors per day that are featured on a chalkboard in the bar.  The above, Grandma's Pie, is their specialty and features homemade mozzarella and Sicilian-style pizza crust.  It comes by the slice (half of this) for HKD35.
Its a cute place with a nice ambiance but I have to say I don't appreciate being made to sit in the dark and the humidity on a "patio" which would be more aptly named the garbage dragging area when I had a reservation for a week.
Still, I really liked this pizza and so I would give this an 8, with a possible upgrade to a 9 pending my next visit.

Crust: 8
Sauce: 10
Toppings: 8
Ambiance: 7
VFM: 8
Overall: 8

28 Elgin Street
2577 7160

No comments:

Post a Comment