Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pizzazorama Part II

For this installment of my adventures in home pizza mediocrity, I took a mulligan on two recipes I've tried and liked before.  

For the first pizza, I went with Pizzazorama Part I - Tony G's New York style crust. I still really like this crust because it is delicious and easy to work with.  I used Hong Kong Flour Mills Golden Statue Bread Flour, which I like for a few reasons which I will not discuss here because it's boring.  But if you knew anything about me, you'd probably guess one of the reasons involves availability at Wellcome instead of at an expensive expat grocery store a mile away.

Look mom! A pizza that is actually shaped like a circle instead of an amorphous blob!
Not for long lil Duff, you have no clue how to properly use a pizza peel.  Sorry, try again.
The below uses what has become my favorite one-day crust (as in, does not require overnight cold fermentation) which you can find here under Candidate Number 2.   The edges still ended up a bit crispy but I will fix that next time with olive oil...which is what I also said last time but forgot.  Geeze I should totally like keep a record of what I do each time I make a pizza in the form of an internet journal complete with recipes, pictures and commentary or something so I don't forget these things.
Also, in case you haven't found out yet, Mexican pizza is delicious (Happy Cinco de Mayo Amigos!).  Using chorizo as done here (available at Wellcome, surprisingly) has the double benefit of being (1) delicious and (2) better for lazy people because it eliminates any work and/or forethought required in actually making taco meat.

I'm thinking I need to come up with a signature sign off a la Walter Cronkite or Ron Burgundy so I don't just end posts awkwardly with a picture of a misshapen pizza.  Thoughts?

1 comment: