Thursday, February 11, 2010

PIllsbury Pizza Dough

Do you have five minutes? Ok great then you have time to make a delicious pizza. 

I'm not sure if you all have noticed, but there is no good frozen pizza in Hong Kong.  And the delivery situation is suboptimal (if you want your pizza to be hot, or fresh, or not having a cockroach in it (no seriously, that really happened to me once)).

In an effort to remedy this PISSPOOR situation I made this delicious concotion of Pillsbury dough, Contadina squeeze pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and green and red peppers aka capsicum. All of these ingredients are available at your local Oliver's (in the case of the pizza dough - sometimes available, sometimes not), City Super (in the case of the pizza sauce) and Wellcome (in the case of the mozzarella and green peppers).  While I obviously prefer / highly recommend that you make your own pizza crust (recipe to come) and sauce (anyone have a good one?), this is a good, quick option when you're in a pinch.

Crust:  OK - this doesn't taste exactly like pizza crust, it tastes more like a Pillsbury croissant. But those are delicious. I know you can't argue with me.  7

Sauce:  OK - I admit this comes in a squeeze bottle - but its pretty good!  Give it a try. Or make your own if you are Italian or otherwise just that cool.  7

Toppings:  10.  But maybe I'm biased.

Ambiance:  10. But maybe I'm biased.  It is my apartment afterall.

VFM: 7.  Oliver's can be expensive, but can you really put a price on creating your own pizza in a land devoid of frozen/delivery options? 

Overall: 8.  Given the HK pizza sitch, this is a pretty good way to go - especially if you don't like thousandisland-abalone-fettucine-primavera-prawn-fest pizza or if you are not the homemade type.  And if you like a good hot, fresh, cockroach free pie in the comfort of your own home ...  Highly recommended.  Isn't this beautiful?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment