Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wagyu

There are two kinds of people in this world, my friends.  Those who go to Wagyu for steak, and those who go to Wagyu for pizza.  Last time I checked this blog was not called Best Steak in Hong Kong so hopefully that will inform your guess as to what kind of person I am.  The picture of a pizza on a table at Wagyu could also be a hint.

I have a friend who swears this is the best pizza in town.  And her last name is Slice so she does have 'za cred.  I have to say I think its pretty good but I'm not quite ready to throw it in the best of bin yet for a few reasons mainly related to the fact that this pizza tasted like it came straight from the Morton's salt test kitchen. That and the crust was a little soggy in the middle.  If you can't take the toppings get out of the kitchen, ya know what I mean?  That said, the toppings are fresh and delicious and its a fun atmosphere...especially if you have your party shoes on and are headed out to the join the masses on the mean streets of Wyndham later on...as a corollary to this observation I should also note that its probably not the best place to take your grandma for a heart-to-heart debate on the virtues of crochet vs. knitting.  Try the steak pizza (not pictured). Its a keeper.
Crust:6
Sauce: 7
Toppings: 8
Ambiance: 9
VFM: 6
Overall: 8

Wagyu
G/F, the Centrium
60 Wyndham Street
2525-8805

No comments:

Post a Comment